My blogging buddy, Adrienne at My Memory Art, tagged me quite some time ago with this challenge. It’s been sitting in my draft folder for months, so I decided to finally post it.
Get comfy, folks; this is lengthy.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Since I’ve been blogging well over two years, it was difficult coming up with eleven facts about me that I haven’t shared before. But I’ll try. And if you remember reading any of these in previous posts, please pretend that you haven’t:
1.) Motor Man’s nickname for me is “DB”. Those were my initials before we were married.
2.) I’m scared of spiders and bugs, but not frogs.
3.) Rain makes me cold…no matter how warm the temperature might be.
4.)Pedicures make me sleepy.
5.) Chocolate pie is my favorite dessert.
6.) When I’m on a plane, and we begin the descent, I have terrible pains in my ears. So far, nothing has helped.
7.) I love the smell of racing fuel.
9.) At this time, I’m weaning myself off Diet Cokes.
10.) The part of my brain that controls “direction” must not have completely developed. When we stay at a hotel, I never can remember which way to turn when we leave our room. Thankfully, I never travel alone.
And here are the eleven questions that Adrienne asked me to answer:
1. What was a favorite childhood plaything? Barbie dolls. My mom would make most of their clothes. Sure wish I still had the dolls and the clothes.
2. What was the first novel that transported you? Gone With The Wind.
3. Is the work you do to pay the bills a passion or practical? My “work” consists mostly of keeping the books at our small business, so it’s definitely practical.
4. What’s your favorite hand cream? Fragrance? I really don’t have a favorite hand cream, but I love Neutragena Foot Cream! My favorite fragrance is Jennifer Anniston.
5. If you could (or do) grow a garden would there be flowers or vegetables to fill it? Definitely flowers!
6. What would you like to see in the US that you haven’t seen yet? And abroad? Motor Man would like to take me to New Mexico (he’s been, but I haven’t). And I’d love to visit Scotland some day.
7. Can you think of one lifestyle change you could make that would help you feel less tired “all the time”? Spend less time blogging, perhaps?
8. What’s your favorite board game? Card game? We really don’t play board games or card games. I play Spider Solitaire on the computer. Does that count?
9. What’s a surprise blessing that blogging has brought into your life? Making “online” friends and actually meeting a few of them in person.
10. Is there an “old” friend you’ve lost along the way that you think about trying to find again? I’ve reconnected with several old classmates and friends through Facebook.
11. What’s your current favorite television show? When Motor Man and I are at home, he’s in charge of the remote.
If when he falls asleep with the TV on something I don’t care for, I’ll just change it to the “Oldies” music channel.
NOW! Here are my eleven questions to be answered by the bloggers I’ll list at the end of this post.
1.) What’s a favorite summertime memory from your childhood?
2.) You and a close friend have an afternoon to spend together. What are your plans?
3.) What dish can you prepare without using a recipe?
4.) What image is on your mouse pad?
5.) Do you have a nickname?
6.) What is your favorite way to exercise?
7.) Do you play a musical instrument?
8.) Were you named for someone? If so, whom?
9.) What is your favorite type of music?
10.) When is your birthday (month and day)?
11.) What’s the closest you’ve ever been to a natural disaster?
The rules didn’t specify how many bloggers to name to participate in this challenge. So I’m choosing six. This is so involved, I realize there may be some who would choose not to play along. So, if you prefer not to, PLEASE don’t feel obligated! And, thankfully, there’s no deadline. It’s a lot of fun, but it does take some time.
1.) Pam & Sam at One Spoiled Cat
2) Dor at Virginia Views
3.) Susan at Coming East
4.) MJ at Emjay And Them
5.) Georgette at Georgette Sullins
6.) Patti at A New Day Dawns
This concludes what is, most likely, my wordiest post ever. Thank you and good night.