Somewhere in my internet travels this week, I saw this prompt:
Share your favorite memory from 2015.
I guess I’m a bit too “long-winded” to narrow it down to ONE favorite memory, so today, I’ll share several.
- Motor Man and I went sleigh riding in Maryland in late January. Since it was just a few days before our anniversary, we deemed it our anniversary celebration trip. (He will find it amusing that I’m sharing this as a favorite memory, but not our parasailing experience in June.)
- So many of my memories are made with Motor Man and Marshall. Whether it’s celebrating a birthday or a holiday or just dinner together, those are some of my most treasured times.
- My long-time friend, Bev, and I get together quite often. We go for walks along the river, looking for treasures, we go shopping and, with our hubbies, enjoy train rides. This year we rode two trains, one being a Valentine’s Day ride in Pennsylvania.
- Since reconnecting with my classmates, Donna and Shirley, a few years ago, we’ve made quite a few memories together. Those gatherings usually include our friend Linda. This picture was taken during my birthday celebration.
- Two special memories this year were made when I met blogging friends for the first time. Dor in May…
and Emjay in June.
- Of course, special memories were made with my Motor Man, driving on the beach at the Outer Banks, looking for wild horses.
- Speaking of horses, this year we lost sweet Aggie, so our visits with her are now just memories.
- And yet another “horse” memory from this year: meeting Baby William, the Corolla foal who had serious health issues, was removed from the herd and is now doing well. I love this picture of my friend, Donna, with him.
So, even though there was some sadness this year, it was also a time of wonderful memories made with family and dear friends.
How about you? Care to share a favorite memory – or many – from this year? Feel free to be long-winded…..like me. It’s the sign of a good year.
Happy New Year!
~These Days Of Mine~