One of the wonderful aspects of blogging is that you “meet” people from all over the world. Just last week, I discovered Ellie’s Place, and was thrilled to learn that she lives in Scotland.
The reason that’s so special to me is because my father’s genealogy has been traced back to Scotland in the mid 1700’s , when the first of his ancesters came to America from Glasgow.
Since flying isn’t my favorite thing to do, I don’t know that I’ll ever be brave enough to cross the Atlantic. But if I do, it will be to visit Scotland. And I would visit Ellie.
And, even though Ellie and I are fairly new friends, she presented me with a blogging award last week! It’s the Liebster Blog Award, which is new to me. Apparently, this award originated in Germany; “Liebster” is the German word for friend or love (I’ve seen both definitions). The Liebster award is meant to bring more attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. And my little blog falls into that category. But it’s growing!
These are the rules in accepting this award.
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
In no particular order, here are my 5 nominees:
1. Enjoy Creating
– E.C. and I have been “blog buddies” for awhile. You just never know what she’s going to post about on any given day. And that’s half the fun!
2. My Memory Art
– Adrienne is a scrapbooker, and I’ve dabbled in scrapbooking a little. She frequently posts photos of her layouts, and her posts are always interesting.
3. The View Out Here
– Dee lives on a Clydesdale farm (how cool is that?) with her husband and teen-age son. Her photos are amazing, and I’ve threatened to use my air miles to fly out and visit her in Michigan.
4. One Spoiled Cat
– This blog is a little different because it’s written by Sammy, who is one spoiled cat. Actually I think his “mom”, Pam, helps out a little. Sammy makes me laugh.
5. Emjay and Them
– I just love Emjay’s blog. She has such a way with words, I look forward to her blog everyday.
There are many worthwhile, wonderful blogs that I read faithfully, it was hard to narrow the list down to five. And not everyone feels the same way about blog awards, so if you don’t care to participate, no harm, no foul, no hard feelings.
I hope you take a minute to visit these ladies’ blogs: I do. Everyday.
And now: here’s my brand new Liebster Blog award, which I shall display proudly.