Somewhere in my internet travels this week, I saw this prompt:
Share your favorite memory from 2015.
I guess I’m a bit too “long-winded” to narrow it down to ONE favorite memory, so today, I’ll share several.
- Motor Man and I went sleigh riding in Maryland in late January. Since it was just a few days before our anniversary, we deemed it our anniversary celebration trip. (He will find it amusing that I’m sharing this as a favorite memory, but not our parasailing experience in June.)
- So many of my memories are made with Motor Man and Marshall. Whether it’s celebrating a birthday or a holiday or just dinner together, those are some of my most treasured times.
- My long-time friend, Bev, and I get together quite often. We go for walks along the river, looking for treasures, we go shopping and, with our hubbies, enjoy train rides. This year we rode two trains, one being a Valentine’s Day ride in Pennsylvania.
- Since reconnecting with my classmates, Donna and Shirley, a few years ago, we’ve made quite a few memories together. Those gatherings usually include our friend Linda. This picture was taken during my birthday celebration.
- Two special memories this year were made when I met blogging friends for the first time. Dor in May…
and Emjay in June.
- Of course, special memories were made with my Motor Man, driving on the beach at the Outer Banks, looking for wild horses.
- Speaking of horses, this year we lost sweet Aggie, so our visits with her are now just memories.
- And yet another “horse” memory from this year: meeting Baby William, the Corolla foal who had serious health issues, was removed from the herd and is now doing well. I love this picture of my friend, Donna, with him.
So, even though there was some sadness this year, it was also a time of wonderful memories made with family and dear friends.
How about you? Care to share a favorite memory – or many – from this year? Feel free to be long-winded…..like me. It’s the sign of a good year.
Happy New Year!
~These Days Of Mine~
I have favorite memories of this year…..but so many I can’t think of just a few to share. Yesterday would make my list though!
You made lots of wonderful memories this year and I’m glad you shared them again with us. The best thing ever to happen to us this year was the birth of our first grandchild. She is the joy of our lives!
I love being a part of your favoite memories Dianna… thank you. 🙂
Yes- good memories !
I can see why you didn’t attempt to narrow them down to just one …
You picked some great ones from the year ..!
a highlight for me was meeting you and MM 🙂 Here’s to a great 2016!
Beautiful and bittersweet memories of the year in review. Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventures and friends here with us.
Wishing you a wonderful 2016 filled with beauty and happy thoughts.
Some very special memories,Dianna! Those horses just keep nosing their way in there… 🙂 The picture of you and Aggie is very sweet. And,of course all the people… family and friends. We are so lucky to have our memories that mean so much to us… and pictures!
What great memories you have! So pleased for you and yours. My favorite – there are too many to name, but friends and family sharing times are tops. Reflecting on them remind me of how much God has blessed me this year.
Two of my most favorite memories are Nov 8th joining Uzzell United Methodist Church with my husband. I first joined in 1969 with my Mother and sister. Second was Dec 11th when I met up with special classmates I had not seem for a LONG time, Donna W, Shirley C and Dianna K. 2015 was truly a blessed year for Chuck and I.
Thank you for sharing your adventures and memories through the years. Looking forward to seeing more to brighten my day.
Lots of sweet memories.